Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

PJ Quarterly Contest

After about a fortnight of the judging of Ist TPAS International Salon of Photography-2015, I had another opportunity to judge the PJ Quarterly Contest of the Photojournalism Division Photographic Society of America (PSA). It was the initiative of Chairman, PJ Division of the PSA, Mr John Larson who had been persuading me to do it online while being in India and simultaneously he would manage things in USA. It was at the PSA Conference held in West Yellowstone in September, 2015 that when I received my PPSA distinction, Mr Larson was there and he again asked me if I shall do such a judging. I agreed to his proposal and then as per the rules,  looked for two more experienced photographers here as one of them should be from a newspaper. My choice was Mr Deep Bhatia EFIAP, AIIPC and Principal Photojournalist of The Tribune, Mr S.Chandan.


As there is a considerable time difference between USA and India, we decided January  21, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. (our time) and Mr Larson had morning at his place. We judged 100 images on line through a software as Mr John Larson showed images one by one on computer screen, we three scored them and finally decided awards and ribbons. We appreciated the manner in which he conducted the judging as it was totally fair and transparent.

No comments: